Where Does My Sample Fall within the Larger Genomics Space?
Use Xena to see how one sample relates to a larger cohort!
Here we can see that our sample has very low expression of TERT compared to TCGA Glioblastoma and TCGA Lower Grade Glioma.
- Start by installing your own local Xena Hub and load your data into it.
- Next create a composite cohort by first going to our Beta features Visualization tab.
- Select your first cohort you would like to add to the visualization. Then select subsequent cohorts.
- It is important to build a column that shows where each sample comes from. We recommend building one that has '_primary_disease' and the sample ID for your own samples. This will make it so that your sample is split apart from the cohort(s) for the chart analysis. To begin, click the '+Data' button.
- Add other genomic data using the '+Data' button.
- Click 'Chart' at the top screen and adjust the x and y axis to different columns to be able to see how your one sample compares to the other cohorts.